Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My Time at the Universtiy of Florida

UF: two letters that mean the world to me today. I'm writing this post with just a week away from graduation. It's unbelievable how fast my two years at UF have gone. I've learned the difference between a "wrap" and a "reader," I've experienced what it's like to be a producer, a reporter, an anchor and an assignment manager. I've learned that without support from teachers and classmates, getting through a week of news would be very difficult. I've met mentors that believe in me and truly believe I can make my dreams come true.

Being a telecom student at UF was meant to be part of my journey. The big man upstairs knew that my two years here would prepare me for my next chapter. I believe that he knew that I would be noticed here by my future employer... and that's exactly what happened.

I will forever be thankful for my time at UF's College of Journalism and Mass Comm.

I'm excited to announce that as of June, I'll be a reporter for WBBH, the NBC affiliate in Fort Myers.

I promise to always remember the fun times I've had as a Gator at UF, I'll remember all the valuable lessons I've learned. And most importantly...I leave here in a few days but I can guarantee you that I'll always be a GATOR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment